HROT Free Download
About This Game
HROT is a single-player retro FPS set in a small socialist country neighboring Soviet Union (Czechoslovakia) after an unspecified disaster in 1986. Those times were dark and terrifying and so is the game.
You start in a civil defense shelter deep under a Prague Metro station. As a proud holder of the military readiness badge you know what your duty is: put on a non-functioning gas mask, load the vz. 52 pistol and protect the peace and your socialist homeland from the strange intruders.
- The classic gameplay and vibe of romeric shooters from 1990s including a fitting brown retro aesthetic.
- You’ll find a shotgun, a vz. 13 SMG, a rocket launcher and even some secret experimental Soviet battery-powered weapon. If you run out of ammo, you might find the hammer and sickle coming in handy.
- Handcrafted levels inspired by real locations with an emphasis on historical details. Every level contains socialist paraphernalia which nowadays can only be found in museums or your grandma’s attic (Eastern Bloc only).
- Flushable toilets, destructible light bulbs and horses with gas/latex masks. In short, conservative values that never disappoint.
- A custom engine written in Pascal imitating 1990s software-style rendering with unfiltered textures and polygon jitter.
Genre: Action, Indie, Early Access
Release Date: 29 Jan, 2021
Early Access Release Date: 29 Jan, 2021
“The soviet-era gigantic sculptures, brutalist buildings, and the Quake-like world constituted of bleak low-poly and low-res textures are a marriage made in heaven.”
Save or Quit
“It inserts the cooling rods. IN MY PANTS.”
“HROT, ‘cos you can’t spell brutalist without brutal.”
The Lady Weird Sloth Cow
- OS: Windows XP
- Processor: 2.5 GHz Dual Core
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: Intel HD 4400
- Storage: 256 MB available space
Free Download HROT Game
Full Game, latest version. Download for Free!
[ Direct download link (PC) ]